The bottom line is, 2020 is an odd year. Maybe not ignoring the obvious, this season has set some extreme precedents. The fleet industry was challenged in many ways – everything from having to measure up to satisfy increased demand, to health and safety related challenges, to potentially also having excess time and lowered demand for their services. Based on Fleet holder Magazine, anything from dropping rates & decreased need, to increased insurance costs and tariffs, to driver shortages and increased motorist pay has received a result. Fleets have had to quickly deal with these problems in order to find solutions.
The effect of 2020
In the facial skin of adversity, fleets throughout the industry experienced to push ahead and navigate unknown surface, while finding solutions to new challenges. Typical industry-wide challenges are:
- Price cutting
- Increasing motorist safety and health measures
- Working on tighter due dates – needing more logistical and preparing tools
- Excess idle time
Not all fleets have already been impacted similarly. At first, some fleets, like those in food circulation for grocery chains, saw surges in demand, while fleets servicing the restaurant and hospitality industry, including some production fleets, have observed a decrease in demand. However, this disadvantage could be converted into an unforeseen advantage. Fleets which can be otherwise too busy for such a thing beyond “business as usual” on normal days were in a position to seize the opportunity to give consideration to and implement solutions which will help them as time goes by. Utilize this more time to make sure a safer future.
According to an article by Fleet Management Weekly, numerous fleets have experienced the effects of maybe not planning for potential dilemmas down the road. Ahead thinking, additionally the capability to policy for the difficulties of the next day, can significantly help fleets on either part with this spectrum.
Ahead Thinking – the important thing to Smarter Fleets
Plan the challenges of tomorrow. The fleets that best capable prepare for challenges later on are more good at handling their operations today. Just take elements from the following areas to produce your own strategy that is targeted on effective usage of technology, safety, and preparation.
- Using data and insights to create choices – maybe not counting on emotions or emotions but looking at the figures whenever implementing policies or changes.
- Embracing technology – using technology solutions designed to assist! It could be frightening or seem daunting to check to technology sometimes, but We speak for Mobileye once I state that we are right here that will help you. Without fleet technology, you’re likely to struggle to respond to important concerns.
- Moral Responsibility to motorists & Drivers/Focus on security – this seems apparent, but to a lot of it is perhaps not. Safety is arguably more essential now than it ever is, and successful fleets embrace this. You will find often many unintended advantages that fleets encounter when deciding to wind up safety among all of their drivers, including paid off costs & insurance coverage premiums.
- Taking an integrated approach – the most successful fleets include aspects of all of these concepts. Mobileye has innovated in the last couple of years to create you an integral, all-in-one solution that addresses all of these. I’m excited to share it with you now.
Addressing the effect of 2020
Increased Safety & Cost Cutting
During an occasion where security off and on the work is a top priority, driver habits are more crucial than ever before. In addition, emphasizing and ramping your motorist safety efforts can have some unforeseen advantages on your own bottom line – particularly when you look at using measures to prevent and mitigate collisions.
Driver Metrics for Better Management
Think about solutions that encompass telematics and may provide you with detailed insights on driving metrics, particularly:
- Safety Metrics – alert information on driving practices, such as for example tailgating, near-misses, harsh braking, and unintended lane departures
- Driver Scoring – easily determine which motorists can use more mentoring or an incentive for safe driving
- Tracking – ensure your drivers stick to route and analyze route effectiveness and safety with track & trace features
- Boundaries – set predefined boundaries for drivers to keep them within a prescribed area with geo-fencing
Having access to insights, for instance the ones in the list above, gives you the ability to make data-driven decisions and respond to questions may very well not have formerly had the oppertunity to respond to.
Future Proofing Your Technology Investments
Over the air updates ensure that your technology stays updated, without the need to install the newest generation or human intervention. This ensures that your investment will not become obsolete, which you are able to consistently have the newest version of computer software, updates, and new features.
How Can We assist?
Mobileye is some sort of leader in collision avoidance technology, supplying security solutions for fleets throughout the industry. At Mobileye, our company is an international frontrunner in computer eyesight and device learning, and we are experts at extracting information from digital cameras. Twenty-eight of the leading automakers worldwide rely on Mobileye technology because of their higher level motorist help systems, and over 60 million cars worldwide are already loaded with the Mobileye chip inside. Numerous fleets have looked to Mobileye to help reduce collision prices and lower costs, experiencing positive results along the way. To name some:
We’ve innovated our existing product to deal with the needs of a changing industry, which help you plan for the future.
Our latest providing, Mobileye 8 Connect provides nighttime detection of pedestrians and cyclists, increased precision and speed through enhanced AI-computer eyesight, and a better industry of view that detects possible dangers from a better distance
- Improves motorist security to and from drop-offs and pickups
- Aids in cost-cutting by reducing the expense of collision and collision aftermath
We’ve also included an optional Mobileye 8 Connect Platform, with light telematics features and tools for gaining driver insights to be utilized in future choice making.
With regards to building smarter & safer fleets, we believe one of the keys would be to carry on preparation and seeking to your future.