In a nutshell, 2020 is an odd year. Not ignoring well-known, in 2010 has set some extreme precedents. The fleet industry has been challenged in lots of ways – anything from needing to measure up to meet increased need, to safety and health associated challenges, to potentially also having extra some time lowered interest in their services. Based on Fleet Owner Magazine, anything from falling prices & reduced need, to increased insurance charges and tariffs, to driver shortages and increased motorist pay has received a result. Fleets have had to quickly address these issues and find solutions.
The Impact of 2020
In the face area of adversity, fleets throughout the industry have had to push forward and navigate unknown terrain, while finding answers to brand new challenges. Typical industry-wide challenges are:
- Cost cutting
- Increasing motorist health and safety measures
- Working on tighter deadlines – needing more logistical and preparing tools
- Excess idle time
Not all fleets have already been affected equally. At first, some fleets, like those in meals distribution for grocery chains, saw surges sought after, while fleets servicing the restaurant and hospitality industry, in addition to some manufacturing fleets, have observed a decrease sought after. But this disadvantage could be converted into an unforeseen advantage. Fleets that are otherwise too busy for such a thing beyond “business as usual” on normal times have been in a position to seize the chance to give consideration to and implement solutions that can help them as time goes by. Make use of this extra time to make certain a safer future.
Based on an article by Fleet Management Weekly, numerous fleets have actually endured the effects of maybe not planning for prospective issues in the future. Forward thinking, therefore the capability to plan for the issues of tomorrow, can significantly assist fleets on either part of the spectrum.
Forward Thinking – the important thing to Smarter Fleets
Plan the challenges of tomorrow. The fleets that best able to plan challenges later on are far more capable of handling their operations today. Just take elements through the following areas generate your very own strategy that centers around effective utilization of technology, safety, and planning.
- Utilizing data and insights to create decisions – maybe not depending on feelings or feelings but looking at the numbers whenever implementing policies or changes.
- Embracing technology – using technology solutions made to assist! It could be scary or seem daunting to look to technology sometimes, but We talk for Mobileye when I say that individuals are right here that will help you. Without fleet technology, you’re gonna struggle to answer very important concerns.
- Moral Obligation to motorists & Drivers/Focus on safety – this appears apparent, but to a lot of it is perhaps not. Security is arguably more important now than it ever is, and effective fleets accept this. You can find often many unintended advantages that fleets encounter whenever deciding to crank up safety amongst their drivers, including paid down expenses & insurance coverage premiums.
- Taking an integral approach – the most successful fleets integrate aspects of many of these maxims. Mobileye has innovated in the last few years to bring you a, all-in-one solution that addresses many of these. I’m excited to fairly share it with you now.
Addressing the Impact of 2020
Increased Safety & price Cutting
During a period where safety on and off the job is a premier concern, driver habits are far more important than ever before. Also, emphasizing and ramping up your driver safety efforts can have some unexpected benefits in your main point here – especially when you consider using measures to prevent and mitigate collisions.
Driver Metrics for Easier Management
Start thinking about solutions that encompass telematics and can give you detailed insights on driving metrics, such as for instance:
- Security Metrics – alert information on driving practices, including tailgating, near-misses, harsh braking, and unintended lane departures
- Driver Scoring – effortlessly determine which motorists could use more mentoring or an incentive for safe driving
- Tracking – ensure your drivers remain on route and evaluate route efficiency and security with track & trace features
- Boundaries – set predefined boundaries for motorists to keep them within a prescribed area with geo-fencing
access insights, like the people listed above, gives you the ability to make data-driven decisions and respond to questions may very well not have previously had the oppertunity to answer.
Future Proofing Your Technology Investments
Over the air updates make sure that your technology continues to be current, with no need to set up the most recent generation or human being intervention. This ensures that your investment does not become obsolete, and that you’ll still receive the newest form of computer software, updates, and new features.
How Can We assist?
Mobileye is a world leader in collision avoidance technology, providing security solutions for fleets over the industry. At Mobileye, we have been a worldwide frontrunner in computer vision and machine learning, and now we are professionals at extracting information from cameras. Twenty-eight associated with leading automakers worldwide count on Mobileye technology because of their advanced driver support systems, and over 60 million cars worldwide already are designed with the Mobileye chip in. Many fleets have actually appeared to Mobileye in reducing collision rates and lower expenses, experiencing very good results in the act. To mention a couple of:
We’ve innovated our existing product to handle the requirements of a changing industry, which help you want for the future.
Our latest providing, Mobileye 8 Connect offers nighttime detection of pedestrians and cyclists, increased precision and speed through improved AI-computer vision, and a larger field of view that detects prospective dangers from a larger distance
- Improves driver security to and from drop-offs and pickups
- Aids in cost-cutting by reducing the expense of collision and collision aftermath
We’ve also added an optional Mobileye 8 Connect Platform, with light telematics features and tools for gaining motorist insights to be used in future decision creating.
With regards to building smarter & safer fleets, we believe the main element is always to carry on preparation and looking on future.